Can we create multiple Organizations in Single GCP project.

Hi Apigee Community , I Have a new requirement to migrate Apigee On-Premises and Apigee Edge(public) data into a (Single)Generic Apigee X Account. For managing the both data in Single GCP account i want to create two organizations. Can we create multiple Organizations in Single GCP project. If we can, Please share the steps to create or any documentation. Thanks
Solved Solved
0 1 563
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I Have a new requirement to migrate Apigee On-Premises and Apigee Edge(public) data into a (Single)Generic Apigee X Account.

Cool, No problem.

For managing the both data in Single GCP account i want to create two organizations.

OK.

No. You cannot do that. It is possible to configure at most one Apigee project per GCP project. Of course, you CAN configure multiple distinct environments, within a single organization. And it's possible to set up RBAC controls to permit or disallow different subsets of users and principals access to these distinct environments. That might be satisfactory for your purposes. 

That raises the obvious question: WHY do you want to create two organizations? What's the purpose of having two organizations?

If you really need to have that, then... you will need to use two GCP projects. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I Have a new requirement to migrate Apigee On-Premises and Apigee Edge(public) data into a (Single)Generic Apigee X Account.

Cool, No problem.

For managing the both data in Single GCP account i want to create two organizations.

OK.

No. You cannot do that. It is possible to configure at most one Apigee project per GCP project. Of course, you CAN configure multiple distinct environments, within a single organization. And it's possible to set up RBAC controls to permit or disallow different subsets of users and principals access to these distinct environments. That might be satisfactory for your purposes. 

That raises the obvious question: WHY do you want to create two organizations? What's the purpose of having two organizations?

If you really need to have that, then... you will need to use two GCP projects.