Can I hot-install Edge Private Cloud patches?

Not applicable

I have installed on-prem edge 4.15.04 and am ready to install patches 4.15.04.01-EL6.6 and 4.15.04.03. The readme files do not say anything about order of patch application or whether or not I need to shut down/restart the servers before applying. Can I assume that I can just apply the patches in any order on all servers while the services are running? I haven't installed patches before and don't know if it's just understood that I need to shut everything down and do it in a particular order. Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 2 285
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jeff Nadeau The sequence of applying the patch is extremely important. Please check out the "Upgrading Apigee Edge" section in the Install & config guide. It covers the order in which patches to be applied, sequence in which each component to be upgraded etc.

You need to ensure that Edge is up and running during upgrade process. You can use the following command to check the status -

/<inst-root>/apigee4/bin/check.sh 

However as part of the upgrade process you might be asked to restart a few components, but it will be documented in the install guide.

Typically Apigee supports zero-downtime upgrade, which lets you upgrade your Edge installation without bringing down Edge. Obviously Zero-downtime upgrade is only possible with a 5-node configuration and larger.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Jeff Nadeau The sequence of applying the patch is extremely important. Please check out the "Upgrading Apigee Edge" section in the Install & config guide. It covers the order in which patches to be applied, sequence in which each component to be upgraded etc.

You need to ensure that Edge is up and running during upgrade process. You can use the following command to check the status -

/<inst-root>/apigee4/bin/check.sh 

However as part of the upgrade process you might be asked to restart a few components, but it will be documented in the install guide.

Typically Apigee supports zero-downtime upgrade, which lets you upgrade your Edge installation without bringing down Edge. Obviously Zero-downtime upgrade is only possible with a 5-node configuration and larger.

Thanks a lot sudheendra1, I appreciate it.