Can Apigee Developer portal publishes APIs from multiple (including non-apigee) Gateways

Can Apigee Developer portal publishes APIs

- from multiple API Apigee gateway instances

- APIs exposed by other Gateways

- or any publicly hosted APIs 

0 4 277
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, the developer portal can do that. 

But it depends on what you mean by "publish". 

There are separate capabilities here. 

1. showing the queryable list of APIs n the catalog. This list might be queryable by keyword or tag.   
  2. showing the detailed documentation for the APIs in the catalog, based on the OpenAPI Spec for each API
  3. allowing developers to interactively "try out" the APIs via that interactive documentation
  4. enabling developers to provision new credentials for use with those APIs (eg, client ID and secret)
  5. Enabling developers to automatically embed those credentials in outbound calls from the interactive documentation in the developer portal

You can do items 1, 2, and 3 in an Apigee developer portal, with any API, as long as you have an OpenAPI spec. 

Items 4 and 5 require the API to be managed in an Apigee gateway. 

Thank you very much for response.

Publish in my case is making APIs available in catalog. We are primarily looking below,

1) We have two instances of Apigee Gateways hosted, one in on-prem and other one in Cloud, however we wanted to have single instance of developer portal to publish APIs managed by both these gateways. 

2) Secondly we are forward thinking, can this developer portal publish APIs both from point 1 and also APIs managed by aws/azure API gateways

3) Can the same developer portal helps to segregate internal APIs vs external APIs (i.e. Most of APIs visible with in the firm, but some of the APIs should be available externally visible)

Hello,

Did you get an answer for your questions ? Specially the second option. I'm actually trying to make a federated API manager using Apigee. I want to know if it's possible to discover and trace all APIs from other gateways like AWS API Gateway.

Thank you in advance, 

Hello, 

Was there any finding for this problem of integrated portal for multiple gateways. Please share your thoughts. 

Thank you in advance.