Caches and KVM access is missing in ApigeeX

I installed ApigeeX eval version. I can't see the caches under Environments and I am not able to create KVM's. I tried to get to caches by entering the URL path and it shows the I don't have access.

I am logged in as the owner so I should have all the permissions.

Please suggest what am I missing?

image.pngScreenshot 2021-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-09-03 at 6.28.50 PM.png

Solved Solved
1 2 451
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1. On Apigee X, there's no admin of caches. Instead, the cache is created automatically when you deploy an API Proxy using a caching policy. Refer to this doc

2. On Apigee X, you can create a KVM but you cannot directly modify the key value pairs within. You need to use the KVM policy in an API Proxy. 

See this doc here.

Depending on your use case, you could create an API Proxy to act as a KVM Management API as per this example, or look at Property Sets if you have static configuration data that's not sensitive.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

1. On Apigee X, there's no admin of caches. Instead, the cache is created automatically when you deploy an API Proxy using a caching policy. Refer to this doc

2. On Apigee X, you can create a KVM but you cannot directly modify the key value pairs within. You need to use the KVM policy in an API Proxy. 

See this doc here.

Depending on your use case, you could create an API Proxy to act as a KVM Management API as per this example, or look at Property Sets if you have static configuration data that's not sensitive.

Hi, @BoyWonderSAM 

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Apigee/How-to-store-KVM-data-in-apigee-X-UI/td-p/169796 

Edge allows you to put KVM values directly from the UI.

However, X & Hybrid are not allowing you to do the same from their UI.
Try to use KVM policy's Put & specify your value as below.

• Save policy as e.g. "KVM-save-values"
  • Once you will add policy into the Flow, deploy proxy & Flow with "KVM-save-values" executed, it will save values into KVM.
  • Do not forget to delete the policy from the Flow & check that values are saved by using another KVM policy with Get.
    Below is my Edge evaluation to illustrate my reply. It will work with X & Hybrid too.

thanks, regards, Yermek

"KeyValueMapOperations": Put Value into the KVM:

<Put override="false">
        <Key>
            <Parameter>private.KeyName</Parameter>
        </Key>
        <Value>Your secret text</Value>
    </Put>

"KeyValueMapOperations": Get Value from the KVM:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<KeyValueMapOperations continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="KVM-Name" mapIdentifier="KVM-id">
    <DisplayName>KVM-Name</DisplayName>
    <Properties/>
    <ExclusiveCache>false</ExclusiveCache>
    <ExpiryTimeInSecs>86400</ExpiryTimeInSecs>
    <Get assignTo="private.KeyName" index="1">
        <Key>
            <Parameter>private.KeyName</Parameter>
        </Key>
    </Get>
    <Scope>environment</Scope>
</KeyValueMapOperations>

YermekDevOps_0-1631778941491.png