CPU and Memory consumption stats - ApigeeX

Is there a way I can get the CPU and memory consumption stats for each API proxy deployed on ApigeeX. I see the response times, latencies, error stats on the API monitoring section but not the CPU and memory consumption stats.

2 3 79
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Rajeev,

I'm Sean, I lead our SRE teams for Apigee. We don't export these stats for customer consumption in Apigee X. One reason is that proxies share compute resources with other proxies in the same Apigee environment, so per-proxy consumption stats are not possible to generate. At an environment level, we do have the ability to see these internally for platform health reasons. Can you help me understand the use case you have for viewing these kinds of resource stats?

Yes, Rajeev, Apigee X is intended to be a managed service, so you shouldn't need to worry about that kind of data. 

@gcpsean  @dchiesa1  , I understand that the intention of going with fully SaaS offering is to offload the capacity planning overhead to the cloud vendor, but when we perform load testing/performance testing, we need to validate that the infra was able to scale up with increased load and also observe the CPU/Memory consumption at a particular load.

It is more of regulatory and validation requirement for us.

It is ok if these stats are provided at the API gateway runtime level.

Thanks,

Rajeev S