CORS Error Preflight Missing Allow Origin from redirect

Hello all,

To give some context I have a ReactJS application that calls an Apigee proxy which redirects to an Oracle Access Manager login page. The login page then redirects back to the application. I am getting a CORS error whenever I am trying to call the proxy endpoint using Axios. 

apigee_console_1.jpg

apigee_network_2.jpg

Here is my redirect flow. I have read that I should be placing the CORS configuration in the Response and have the headers to "SET". AM-AssignCORS and AM-PreflowAssignCORS share the same XML

ksleanoacc_0-1665045303109.png

apigee_cors_3.jpgapigee_cors_4.jpg

I am sure that I have placed the allow origin headers in the right place but I have been stuck with this problem for weeks now and I would really appreciate it if i could have a fresh perspective on what I may be doing wrong. I have probably watched all of Dino Chiesa's videos by now. 

Thank you and I appreciate your time.

0 1 1,667
1 REPLY 1

Hello,

I noticed you use "set", i think you should use "add".

Anyway, yuo can use the CORS policy, for me it works, but it has a bug in the header AllowCredentials. (ref. link)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<CORS continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="CORS">
    <DisplayName>CORS</DisplayName>
    <AllowOrigins>{request.header.origin}</AllowOrigins>
    <AllowMethods>POST</AllowMethods>
    <AllowCredentials>true</AllowCredentials>
    <AllowHeaders>origin, x-requested-with, accept, content-type, authorization</AllowHeaders>
    <ExposeHeaders>content-length,accept-ranges,content-encoding,content-range</ExposeHeaders>
    <MaxAge>-1</MaxAge>
    <GeneratePreflightResponse>true</GeneratePreflightResponse>
</CORS>

So to fix you have to add it manually:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<AssignMessage continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="AM_Set-Allow-Credential">
    <Properties/>
    <Add>
        <Headers>
            <Header name="Access-Control-Allow-Credentials">true</Header>
        </Headers>
    </Add>
    <IgnoreUnresolvedVariables>true</IgnoreUnresolvedVariables>
    <AssignTo createNew="false" transport="http" type="request"/>
</AssignMessage>