CName not matching

We have test in environment in our apigee org. Hostname is org-test-partner-tera.com. We have checked the CName in sslab could see below error showing in the screenshot.

majjik98_0-1710226462024.png

We checked in our VH and keystores their we could see cname as org.test.partner.tera.com. evrything looks good. Not sure why in sslab and browser it showing like that. Could you please help us to understand the issue and resolution steps.  

Solved Solved
1 3 76
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Beyond the steps outlined in the documentation, I don't have further suggestions.  If you are still having a problem you may want to contact Apigee support, and ask them to help you troubleshoot the issue. 

YOU DO need to create certificates. the doc says 

1. Upload your cert and key to the keystore. Ensure that the domain name specified by your cert matches the host alias that you want to use for the virtual host.

I guess it isn't explicit, but "your cert and key" in the above means YOUR certificate and key, which you created. If you are using your own domain name (and you should), then you need a certificate that matches that domain name.

This is all described in the documentation that I linked. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Are you using Apigee Edge? I assume you are, since you are seeing an apigee.net certificate. 

The reason you're seeing an incorrect hostname is probably because you haven't configured the virtual host properly.

These are the steps you need to follow to get TLS with your own domain: https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/fundamentals/configuring-virtual-hosts

good luck.

Hi @dchiesa1

Thanks for your prompt response. Yes it is edge public cloud. We have rechecked many times the VHost and keystore setup everything looks good. Same steps only followed for prod env as well. It's good in prod env. Not sure why it's not working for test env.

Do we need to create new certificates?Or need to rename the CName? 

What can be done next

Thanks,

MK.

Beyond the steps outlined in the documentation, I don't have further suggestions.  If you are still having a problem you may want to contact Apigee support, and ask them to help you troubleshoot the issue. 

YOU DO need to create certificates. the doc says 

1. Upload your cert and key to the keystore. Ensure that the domain name specified by your cert matches the host alias that you want to use for the virtual host.

I guess it isn't explicit, but "your cert and key" in the above means YOUR certificate and key, which you created. If you are using your own domain name (and you should), then you need a certificate that matches that domain name.

This is all described in the documentation that I linked.