Blogs Forum options in new developer portal

Not applicable

Hello,

I just gave a quick try on new portal, looks faster & 'real' integrated with Edge, was able to create my pages & swagger docs etc.

I was unable to find option to enable "Blogs"/"Forums" etc. could you please help me.

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 4 194
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Nitin Mahawadiwar ,

As of today, Lightweight portal integrated into Edge don't support blogs & forums out of the box. Apigee portal based on Drupal supports these features out of the box but only available in paid pricing plans.

In lightweight portal you can create new pages but not exactly blogs. See screenshot below that shows how to create a new page in a lightweight portal.

4008-screen-shot-2016-11-29-at-70311-pm.png

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

We are considering adding serial content such as blogs; however, it isn't clear that doing so would be an advantage over native blogging platforms such as Medium. As an example, notice that Uber's developer blog is on Medium, presumably because they believe that is where their audience already is. I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend Blogger as a service as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Nitin Mahawadiwar ,

As of today, Lightweight portal integrated into Edge don't support blogs & forums out of the box. Apigee portal based on Drupal supports these features out of the box but only available in paid pricing plans.

In lightweight portal you can create new pages but not exactly blogs. See screenshot below that shows how to create a new page in a lightweight portal.

4008-screen-shot-2016-11-29-at-70311-pm.png

Hope it helps.

Thank you Anil Sagar for updates.

We are considering adding serial content such as blogs; however, it isn't clear that doing so would be an advantage over native blogging platforms such as Medium. As an example, notice that Uber's developer blog is on Medium, presumably because they believe that is where their audience already is. I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend Blogger as a service as well.

Thank you Marsh Gardiner. Blogger as a Service would nice to have.