ApigeeX vs Apigee Edge - Custom header issue

Hi All,

Is there any specific naming conventions to be followed for ApigeeX - Custom header naming ?

We are migrating from Apigee Edge to ApigeeX, during this process we find that certain headers like 'apigeeCorrelationId', 'apigee_oauth_access_token' are not working properly once the corresponding proxies are migrated to ApigeeX.

For e.g. 'apigeeCorrelationId' is a response header that is sent back to client. We see the values in trace but its missing from the Response headers sent to client.

'X-apigee-' is reserved header used by apigee but how about other custom headers starting with 'apigee'.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 2 163
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Seems like a bug!  Apigee should not mess with headers you yourself set in your proxies (assuming they don't clash with x-apigee- naming convention). 

You have an easy workaround, but (a) it involves changes on the client side, and (b) the behavior you describe seems like a bug in Apigee. I would log a ticket with support, if I Were you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Seems like a bug!  Apigee should not mess with headers you yourself set in your proxies (assuming they don't clash with x-apigee- naming convention). 

You have an easy workaround, but (a) it involves changes on the client side, and (b) the behavior you describe seems like a bug in Apigee. I would log a ticket with support, if I Were you. 

@dchiesa1 -Thanks for the response. We have done the workaround to fix the issue. Will log a ticket with the support. 

Thanks