Apigee service account credential storage in Drupal based developer portal

Hello,

I am using Apigee kickstart developer portal with Drupal 9 latest version. I have created a new set of service account for dev portal configuration (to connect Apigee Edge). I am following the document to store the credentials using key provider "Apigee Edge :  Private File". It's storing the credentials in a .json file with plain text format.

Is there any way that we can store the credentials in encrypted format in the file? I don't want the credentials store in plain text format.

Thanks in advance..

0 3 139
3 REPLIES 3

@maheshcv63 

When you store in private files, that private folder must be accessible over web.

There are other options also available which are documented. You can try Environmental variables which will not be in the file system, instead it will be in Apache/nginx configuration Or you can check third party options such as Lockr or Townsend.

@hirenkumar 

Thanks for your response, even If I use environment variables we need to define those variables in a plain text format right? I am looking something that we can encrypt somewhere once I enter credentials from config page. I don't want the password can be visible anywhere once I entered in the config page. Is this something we can achieve using Drupal?

@maheshcv63 

You should use third party service such as Lockr or Townsend