Apigee proxy integrated with MySql: "Invalid JSON payload received"

Hi experts, 

I have created a connector to a tutorialDB in Cloud MySQL. I have also created an integration to the connector to GET information by employeeID. 

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

By default the exmployID=1. The testing of the integration is successful. 

I created a proxy api the the integration. "Set Integration Request" was attached to Preflow's Resuest flow by default. And a parameter with name "employeeID" was set with default value 2. 

p3.jpg

The test was successful by url: https://myServerIP/dbget . 

p5.jpg

However, test was failed by url: https://myServerIP/dbget?emplyeeID=1 

p4.jpg

The full error msg was as below:

{"error":{"code":400,"message":"Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"employeelD\": Cannot bind query parameter. Field 'employeelD' could not be found in request message.","status":"INVALID_ARGUMENT","details":[{"@type":"type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.BadRequest","fieldViolations":[{"description":"Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"employeelD\": Cannot bind query parameter. Field 'employeelD' could not be found in request message."}]}]}}

Appreciate any suggestions!

0 5 285
5 REPLIES 5

The error message you posted appears to refer to 

employeelD

Maybe what you want is 

employeeID

the first version is lowercase L.  The second version is uppercase I. 

Just a guess here. 

Hi,

Thanks for pointing the mistake. However, I have noticed the typo and corrected it. There is still the problem. 

{
  "error": {
    "code": 400,
    "message": "Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"employeeID\": Cannot bind query parameter. Field 'employeeID' could not be found in request message.",
    "status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT",
    "details": [
      {
        "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.BadRequest",
        "fieldViolations": [
          {
            "description": "Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"employeeID\": Cannot bind query parameter. Field 'employeeID' could not be found in request message."
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  }
}

Here is the Set Integration Request file content: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<SetIntegrationRequest continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="set-integration-request">
    <DisplayName>Set Integration Request</DisplayName>
    <ProjectId>nth-mantra-361012</ProjectId>
    <IntegrationName>tutorialDBGet</IntegrationName>
    <IntegrationRegion>asia-northeast1</IntegrationRegion>
    <ApiTrigger>api_trigger/tutorialDBGet_API_GET</ApiTrigger>
    <Parameters>
        <Parameter name="employeeID" type="string">{request.queryparam.employeeID}</Parameter>
    </Parameters>
</SetIntegrationRequest>

command: 

https://34.160.58.180.nip.io/dbget?employeeID=123

Response:

{
  "error": {
    "code": 400,
    "message": "Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"employeeID\": Cannot bind query parameter. Field 'employeeID' could not be found in request message.",
    "status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT",
    "details": [
      {
        "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.BadRequest",
        "fieldViolations": [
          {
            "description": "Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"employeeID\": Cannot bind query parameter. Field 'employeeID' could not be found in request message."
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  }
}

The field I see in your screenshot is "employee_id". Did you try that? 

hi, 

Finally the problem was resolved by adding Assignmessage policy step before "Set Integration Request" policy step. 

Thanks.