Apigee maven config plugin issue

I'm trying to use apigee mavne config plugin for creating new developers,

Version - com.apigee.edge.config:apigee-config-maven-plugin:1.3.8

when i ran the mvn command with -Dapigee.config.options=update, I always get this error,

[ERROR] { [ERROR] "code" : "developer.service.DeveloperAlreadyExists",

ERROR] "message" : "Developer named email@address.com already exists in organization org", [ERROR] "contexts" : [ ] [ERROR] }

Any idea?

Solved Solved
0 6 201
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Prabanand Karunanithi

What is in your edge.json ? Do you have an entry for a developer with that email? Try log in into your Edge UI. Go to Developers and see if there is one.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Prabanand Karunanithi

What is in your edge.json ? Do you have an entry for a developer with that email? Try log in into your Edge UI. Go to Developers and see if there is one.

Yes, i can see an entry in the Edge UI. Here is the developers.json which i'm trying to run with the command, mvn apigee-config:apps -Ptest -Dapigee.config.options=update -Dapigee.config.dir=resources/edge

[ { "email": "apigee@apigee.com", "firstName": "apigee", "lastName": "apigee", "userName": "apigee" } ]

Dapigee.config.options=update, should skip if the entry is already there. But i get DeveloperAlreadyExists error.

if you running apigee-config:apps, then it doesnt use developers.json

You should look into the developerApps.json

See if anything is wrong there

update does not skip - "create" will skip if its already there. "update" updates the value with the one you have in your config. Even if its the same thing

I meant to use mvn apigee-config:developers -Ptest -Dapigee.config.options=update -Dapigee.config.dir=resources/edge, I tried both create as well update, one thing i noticed is that, when mvn makes https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/organizations/yourorg/developers, don't result apigee@apigee.com in the list, Not sure why, At the sametime when i tried to access API directly, I don't see email address either in the list. I need to figure out why it doesn't

Can you share your pom, developers.json and developerApps.json ?

@Sai Saran Vaidyanathan

Appears to be there was some glitch with GET developers call, I tried deleting the developer and recreating one, everything looks good now. Thanks for your guidance in analyzing the issue