Apigee edge metrics integration with Datadog

What is the preferred way to publish metrics to Datadog from apigee edge.

1. Using shared flow / proxy post flow / post client flow to publish metrics to Datadog
  2. Use apigee anlaytics api to pull /push metrics to Datadog

Metrics send rate is 200-500/s.

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 2 2,387
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I wouldn't say there's a preferred way. There's a whichever way works best for your scenario.

I've worked with a few customers using Datadog and they just sent the data realtime using a service callout policy. This would be configured as a shared flow and added to a flowhook. Not sure your exact use case but if you can configure a syslog listener for Datadog, then you can use the message logging policy to send the data on the PostClientFlow.

If you want to just take all the data from Apigee Edge in periodical batches, then yes, use the analytics API.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I wouldn't say there's a preferred way. There's a whichever way works best for your scenario.

I've worked with a few customers using Datadog and they just sent the data realtime using a service callout policy. This would be configured as a shared flow and added to a flowhook. Not sure your exact use case but if you can configure a syslog listener for Datadog, then you can use the message logging policy to send the data on the PostClientFlow.

If you want to just take all the data from Apigee Edge in periodical batches, then yes, use the analytics API.

Thanks. I decided to go with the later approach, because datadog does not support sub-second publishing of metrics