Apigee default error response

Hi @dchiesa1 ,

I have two environments of Apigee Edge. In one environment, when a request is made towards a base path that is not deployed, I am receiving Status Code: 404 Not Found

{
    "fault": {
        "faultstring": "Unable to identify proxy for host: secured and url: /v1/abc",
        "detail": {
            "errorcode": "messaging.adaptors.http.flow.ApplicationNotFound"
        }
    }
}

On the other environment has the same API proxies and the configurations, when the same request is made, I am receiving Status Code: 404 Missing Business Object.

{
    "fault": {
        "faultstring": "Raising fault. Fault name : RF-ResourceNotFound",
        "detail": {
            "errorcode": "steps.raisefault.RaiseFault"
        }
    }
}
  1.   In which component of the Apigee, it is determined the requested base path is not available, Router?
  2. Where can I find the logs of such requests?
  3. Does the flow hooks execute even when the requested proxy basepath is not available/deployed?
  4. At which path, I can find the default error responses of Apigee in the private cloud deployment?
  5. Can we change the Apigee default error responses?

Solved Solved
1 2 246
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

• In which component of the Apigee, it is determined the requested base path is not available, Router?

I guess you are talking about OPDK. I'm not an OPDK expert. But as I recall, yes, the router has information about base paths and proxies, and if there is no matching basepath then the router will respond with a 404.

But the two 404's are different. I think in the first case the router is responding, and in the latter case, there is a "default" API Proxy listening on the basepath of /. And it is using an Apigee policy (RF-ResourceNotFound) to send back a custom 404.

• Where can I find the logs of such requests?

I guess in the router system log.

• Does the flow hooks execute even when the requested proxy basepath is not available/deployed?

No, not if the router is the system responding. In the case where you have a default proxy listening at / , then yes.

• At which path, I can find the default error responses of Apigee in the private cloud deployment?

I don't know the answer to that. It's possible this is configurable. But I don't know.

• Can we change the Apigee default error responses?

You can effectively do that by registering a default proxy.

good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi

• In which component of the Apigee, it is determined the requested base path is not available, Router?

I guess you are talking about OPDK. I'm not an OPDK expert. But as I recall, yes, the router has information about base paths and proxies, and if there is no matching basepath then the router will respond with a 404.

But the two 404's are different. I think in the first case the router is responding, and in the latter case, there is a "default" API Proxy listening on the basepath of /. And it is using an Apigee policy (RF-ResourceNotFound) to send back a custom 404.

• Where can I find the logs of such requests?

I guess in the router system log.

• Does the flow hooks execute even when the requested proxy basepath is not available/deployed?

No, not if the router is the system responding. In the case where you have a default proxy listening at / , then yes.

• At which path, I can find the default error responses of Apigee in the private cloud deployment?

I don't know the answer to that. It's possible this is configurable. But I don't know.

• Can we change the Apigee default error responses?

You can effectively do that by registering a default proxy.

good luck!

@dchiesa1 wrote:

- Yes, you are right; I have a proxy with "/" as the basepath, which was created for another purpose than to support default error responses.
This is helpful. 🙂
Thank you, @dchiesa1 !