Apigee X runtime instance IP Range assignment query

Step 4.1 of the Command line provisioning document states: 'Create a network IP range with a CIDR length of /22'

However the Peering Ranges document states: 'Each Apigee instance requires a non-overlapping CIDR range of /22. '

I would think paid orgs would typically wish to deploy more than one instance in which case is the preferred approach multiple /22 peering ranges or a larger peering from which each Apigee instance is assigned it's /22?
If we have followed the deployment procedure as it is written and wanted to add a second Apigee instance I presume we would need to assign a second /22 to the peering configuration as a first step? If yes, I feel this should be referenced as a requirement in the Managing Instances document?

Solved Solved
0 1 145
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The initial wizard focuses on creating one runtime instance, for which one /22 & /28 is required. I totally agree with you that we should be more explicit about the IP requirements for customers needing to create more than one region. I will pass it on to the document team to update thManaging Instances & Step 4.1 document to include the information about the additional IP ranges. 

Thank you for using Apigee!  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The initial wizard focuses on creating one runtime instance, for which one /22 & /28 is required. I totally agree with you that we should be more explicit about the IP requirements for customers needing to create more than one region. I will pass it on to the document team to update thManaging Instances & Step 4.1 document to include the information about the additional IP ranges. 

Thank you for using Apigee!