Apigee X local development using VScode and continuous integration using maven

I want to run Apigee X  locally for the development using VSCode but want to deploy these using maven as  environment's deployment type is proxy.

I see directory structure for VScode and maven seems different in case of configuration. Is there any example where we can see these type of pattern or any guidelines  for the same. 

Solved Solved
0 8 740
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@anuragjain67

We have released a new insider feature where the users can now create a Multi repository workspace. A multi repository workspace will not enforce any particular folder structure and you should be able to just add your existing proxies to the workspace using the edit option. This will help users to do their development iterations via vscode and emulator, commit their code in the respective repositories and use the existing CICD pipeline to push their changes to Apigee X.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

@ganadurai can you please help here as well ? 

@anuragjain67 - currently the VSCode does not support individual proxy (Its in the works and we will provide an update as soon as we have it ready). Until then, the best way is to use the UI to build the proxy, then export it and add the pom.xml to your source code. 

thank you @ssvaidyanathan for the reply.

But let's say I would like to run locally on VSCode as my target servers are on local. After successfully verify want to deploy these proxy on environments for continuous integration. how can I achieve this ?

Yes - you can point that to any target you can access from your local machine. Once you have tested it, you can commit it to your repo from your machine and then have the pipeline trigger and deploy it to Apigee that will point to the target server

@anuragjain67

We have released a new insider feature where the users can now create a Multi repository workspace. A multi repository workspace will not enforce any particular folder structure and you should be able to just add your existing proxies to the workspace using the edit option. This will help users to do their development iterations via vscode and emulator, commit their code in the respective repositories and use the existing CICD pipeline to push their changes to Apigee X.

@shirishtrivikr can you share some working example of multi repository workspace. I am trying to use it but vscode not detecting.

@anuragjain67 

Can you please confirm that you are using the vscode insider build `v1.22.1-insiders.3` or above.

I was able to figure out the issue, it was due to I was using relative path. After changing absolute path it started detecting.