Apigee Product selection

Hi All,

We are planning to replace Layer7(CA API Gateway) with Apigee. We are trying to gather information related to which Apigee Product should be used.

Can anyone share some scenarios and suggestions to go for Apigee product type? Thanks...

0 4 250
4 REPLIES 4

There's a couple of things here, 

1. Your current architecture and deployment model. Is it 9.x Layer7 on-prem, or you using SaaS? Do you have the 4.x portal etc. From here we can understand if you require SaaS, Hybrid or completely on-prem offering.

2. These flavors of Apigee available:

Apigee OPDK - fully on-prem solution, can be installed on VM with Linux (see the exact reqs for that). You can install in on your local DC, your private cloud(s) (using virtual machines), etc. It can be single DC, multi DC, etc. etc. Powerfull stuff. Infra managed by you. 

Apigee X -  new and latest Apigee solution SaaS, integrated to GCP, and you can achieve superb integrations and benefits from GCP ecosystem with that, all the infra managed by Google.

Apigee Hybrid - hybrid is little of both, you can run the RUNTIME (gateways, datastores etc.) on your prem (when I say prem - it can be - your local DC(Anthos on-prem), other multi-clouds (EKS,AKS) or on GCP GKE. The Management are in GCP (Control = UI, Analytics etc.) So you manage your 'half' and Google manages the other 'half'. 

Based on your requirements, you can choose the model you need. 

If you need any help connecting you to sales and presales to evaluate more deeply, tell me. I also know Layer7 from my experience and if I can see more details, I might suggest you more precisely. 

...and, welcome to community.

I am looking for scenario based choice of product type. The advantages and disadvantages of choosing each APIGEE type like pricing, support, maintenance, cost efficient, security, analytics etc.

In order to evaluate all you wrote, you need to have some sort of sale\presale process and a technical session in order to understand all of this. I don't think the community will provide you all that stuff you wrote. If you need help to go more deeply into presale process, you can drop me a line, and I will connect you to relevant team

I am just checking if anyone has prepared the document before opting Apigee product. 

This is a part of Architectural decision, which I am preparing. Looking for some feedback if community has.