Apigee On-premises still available?

Hi All,

I am seeing Apigee hybrid and Apigee X are having cloud part in it. We want to do all the control with us, which is satisfied with Apigee On-prem.

Is the Apigee On-premises available for new licensing and use in long run?

0 4 1,640
4 REPLIES 4

You should contact sales about this. I checked lately with sales team, OPDK model exists. If you need any help there > write me a PM please. 

https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/v4.50.00/overview - Regular updates on OPDK going as well.

ApigeeX and Hybrid are definitely where Google are heading. However, there are many customers who are fully on-prem, each with their concerns and limitations preventing them from moving to cloud.

Last I checked, Google are providing full support for Apigee on-prem, and there's no plan of reducing that in the near future. However, new features are being added to cloud (Apigeex/Hybrid) that are not making it to on-prem.
Two examples: Request/Response schema validation; Ability to write proxies in local visual studio and test it on emulator (both might be in beta, but I saw publications about those).

To summarise: On-Prem is a very valid and stable option, so you can definitely rely on it. However, the richer solution is on the cloud, be it ApigeeX or hybrid.

Last: @Denis_KALITVI is quite the authority in the field, and if there are any technical specific questions, or a need for a consultation - I would highly recommend reaching out to him.

Apigee Private Cloud (OPDK) is available today.  I suggest you reach out to your sales team to discuss your needs/constraints and to fully understand the benefits of each offering (Apigee X, Apigee hybrid, and Apigee Private Cloud).  If you would like help getting connected to the right people, please DM me.

apigee newbie question...  It is clear to me why apigee edge have a charge for every api calls. But why is there a charge for apigee private cloud when it is installed on a company's own servers? They already bought a license, installed the software locally on their own servers.  TIA