Apigee OPDK to Hybrid Migration - sharedflow deployments

Hi,

I am planning to migrate some Apigee OPDK Api proxies(some 500 plus) to Apigee hybrid. One drawback i have seen is hybrid environment can have max of 60(proxies and shared flows) and i have some sharedflows which need to be accessed by most of the proxies. So I am ending up deploying these common sharedflows across environments(duplicates). What is the best way to get this handled in hybrid? I didn't find any documentation talking about deploying sharedflow in one environment and accessing it under any other environments under same organization, please point if any.

Solved Solved
0 2 182
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, you need to deploy those SharedFlows to multiple environments, if you want them to be accessible to proxies within multiple environments.

I didn't find any documentation talking about deploying sharedflow in one environment and accessing it under any other environments under same organization, please point if any.

there is no such documentation. Calling from API Proxy to Shared Flow is not possible "across environments." If you like, you could use a cross-environment call from API Proxy to API Proxy. But that means converting your SharedFlows to API Proxies.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, you need to deploy those SharedFlows to multiple environments, if you want them to be accessible to proxies within multiple environments.

I didn't find any documentation talking about deploying sharedflow in one environment and accessing it under any other environments under same organization, please point if any.

there is no such documentation. Calling from API Proxy to Shared Flow is not possible "across environments." If you like, you could use a cross-environment call from API Proxy to API Proxy. But that means converting your SharedFlows to API Proxies.

Thank you @dchiesa1 for clarifying.