Apigee Monetization and the Integrated Developer Portal

I have an inquiry about enabling Monetization and the Apigee Integrated Developer portal. According to the documentation I've seen, monetization cannot be enabled through the integrated dev portal, however, it can be leveraged through a Drupal based portal or custom built portal. However, I've also seen separate documentation showing monetization as an option that can be enabled through an API proxy that sits behind API products on the integrated portal:

Step 6: Publish an API  |  Apigee X  |  Google Cloud

So I wanted to know weather I can monetize my APIs through the integrated developer portal or not. Additionally, if monetization can't be enabled through the integrated portal why is that? Why wouldn't Apigee 'sintegrated portal be compatible with it's monetization policies?

2 REPLIES 2

@jbodicherla maybe you have some input on this?

We are currently not supporting Monetization in the Apigee integrated developer portal. This is part of the roadmap. I don't have a firm estimate of the delivery date for that capability.

Stepping back, there are 3 options for developer portals with Apigee:

• the integrated portal
  • Drupal and the Google-provided Apigee kickstart modules
  • Build your own custom developer portal

Today if you want to use Monetization, you need to use either Drupal, or a completely custom approach.