Apigee Management plane label-optional variable for terraform module

Hi,

1)Do we have option to add our custom label per link  and github read me details   Did not list the option to add label as a optional variable name.

Did not see listed feature of listing required (optional label) for the Apigee Management plane using terraform module.

2)Per listed link google_apigee_organization | Resources | hashicorp/google | Terraform Registry

Lists following

The properties block supports:

The property block supports:

• name - (Optional) Name of the property.

• value - (Optional) Value of the property.

Indicates about property name and value. I am not sure, if this is label?

3) Further analysis to compute instance google_compute_instance | Resources | hashicorp/google | Terraform Registry

Indicates following for label key and value as an example

boot_disk {
    initialize_params {
      image = "debian-cloud/debian-11"
      labels = {
        my_label = "value"
      }
    }
  }

4) I was not sure, if properties and property block (listed in google_apigee_organization  is also to be considered as label ?  

@strebel   @dino @rajeshmi 

Solved Solved
0 1 149
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @aramkrishna6 

1) You're right. The fabric module and the underlying Apigee organization terraform resource for Apigee (currently) do not contain labels. Since Apigee requires a 1:1 relationship of Apigee orgs and GCP projects, I recommend you use the project labels to store relevant GCP meta data. For small amounts of meta data that you want to read using your own tooling you might also use the description field of the Apigee organization.

Side note: The fabric modules recently introduced a backwards incompatible change in their modules. The snippet in the blog post you linked pins down the version (?ref=v14.0.0) of the fabric module and will still work but you won't be able to use it off of HEAD. If you're interested in the new version please follow the instruction in the readme of the fabric module.

2) The properties aren't labels and shouldn't be used to store arbitrary information. They are used for internal feature flags. For hybrid these currently look like this:

"properties": {
    "property": [
      {
        "name": "features.mart.connect.enabled",
        "value": "true"
      },
      {
        "name": "features.hybrid.enabled",
      }
    ]
  },

3) Yes the persistent disks support labels

4) No, as explained in 2) 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @aramkrishna6 

1) You're right. The fabric module and the underlying Apigee organization terraform resource for Apigee (currently) do not contain labels. Since Apigee requires a 1:1 relationship of Apigee orgs and GCP projects, I recommend you use the project labels to store relevant GCP meta data. For small amounts of meta data that you want to read using your own tooling you might also use the description field of the Apigee organization.

Side note: The fabric modules recently introduced a backwards incompatible change in their modules. The snippet in the blog post you linked pins down the version (?ref=v14.0.0) of the fabric module and will still work but you won't be able to use it off of HEAD. If you're interested in the new version please follow the instruction in the readme of the fabric module.

2) The properties aren't labels and shouldn't be used to store arbitrary information. They are used for internal feature flags. For hybrid these currently look like this:

"properties": {
    "property": [
      {
        "name": "features.mart.connect.enabled",
      },
      {
        "name": "features.hybrid.enabled",
      }
    ]
  },