Apigee Management Server Failover

Hello everyone,

1. I would like to know that "Will API transactions be working fine if management server is not working?".
  2. Suppose we have a clustered installation which means we have DC-DR setup for apigee. Then, when management server in DC is down, will API transactions in DC be working fine?

Thank you

Solved Solved
0 4 206
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi

1. If no management server is available you will be unable to make changes to your apis/configuration. But apis/config that was already present will continue to work as the gateway is separate (RMP).

2. If you setup some loadbalancing for the management server, having 1 out of the 2 available should be fine

Kind regards
Piet

View solution in original post

You should ensure you are not inducing a Runtime Dependency on Management in any of your proxies. Additionally, while existing RMPs should not have any impact from Management services being unavailable, it may impact your ability to bring up new RMPs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi

1. If no management server is available you will be unable to make changes to your apis/configuration. But apis/config that was already present will continue to work as the gateway is separate (RMP).

2. If you setup some loadbalancing for the management server, having 1 out of the 2 available should be fine

Kind regards
Piet

I see @pietjacobs . Thanks a lot.

You should ensure you are not inducing a Runtime Dependency on Management in any of your proxies. Additionally, while existing RMPs should not have any impact from Management services being unavailable, it may impact your ability to bring up new RMPs.

I got you. Thanks a lot. @gcpsean