Apigee Loadbalancer

Hi there,

please help to clarify is it possible?

we have gcp project with apigee enabled and our apigee organization is running perfectly with one loadbalancer that connected to Google Managed Instances . now we are trying create an another loadbalancer that connected to GMI in  another project using the same template to make use for that apigee organization.

Solved Solved
0 4 155
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Let me confirm my understanding, 

(Project 1) LB1 --> (Project 1) GMI ---> Apigee 1
(Project 1) LB2 --> (Project 2) GMI ---> Apigee 2

If the above is correct, yes this will work. I assume you are trying to follow this pattern as described in this post. You will be having a shared vpc, with Project 1 being the host project sharing to Project 2 and VPC Peering to Apigee.

Thanks
Gana

View solution in original post

You can try with Shared VPC implementation. Project 1 and Project 2 will be service projects. Check out the below arch drawing.

ganadurai_0-1680884482541.png

More on Apigee implementation with Shared VPC. 
https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/api-platform/system-administration/shared-vpcs#configuring-shar...

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Let me confirm my understanding, 

(Project 1) LB1 --> (Project 1) GMI ---> Apigee 1
(Project 1) LB2 --> (Project 2) GMI ---> Apigee 2

If the above is correct, yes this will work. I assume you are trying to follow this pattern as described in this post. You will be having a shared vpc, with Project 1 being the host project sharing to Project 2 and VPC Peering to Apigee.

Thanks
Gana

Hi Gana,

Thanks for your reply.  actually we are trying the below settings

(Project 1) LB1 --> (Project 1) GMI -->Apigee 1 (Apigee organization)

(Project 2) LB2--> (Project 2) GMI--> Apigee 1 (Apigee organization)

is it possible to create a loadbalancer with GMI as a backend service in another project (project2) that make use of apigee organization in project 1? if so please help how should i go with network peering and full setup.

thanks and regards,

Shirin

You can try with Shared VPC implementation. Project 1 and Project 2 will be service projects. Check out the below arch drawing.

ganadurai_0-1680884482541.png

More on Apigee implementation with Shared VPC. 
https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/api-platform/system-administration/shared-vpcs#configuring-shar...

Thanks

Hi Ganadurai,

thanks a lot for your help it worked when i connected through shared vpc connector 

best regards,

Shirin