Apigee Hybrid uid/gid restrictions pods/nodes

Hi,

Due to security context/policies on pods and nodes there is a limitation in using UID/GID ranges. Can somebody tell me if Apigee Hybrid has some requirement for a particular range? Or is this random?

Thanks in advance for the effort. 

Solved Solved
0 1 166
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think Apigee uses  UID 999 and GID 998 for most of the component, there might be few components still using 101 as UID and GID, which will be changed to 999 and 998 soon. Does these not meet security policy ?

I don't think there is any requirement from Apigee components regarding UID or GID. So the components should still work with different values, however, in apigeectl there isn't a supported way to change these values. You might risk these values getting reverted during upgrades.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I think Apigee uses  UID 999 and GID 998 for most of the component, there might be few components still using 101 as UID and GID, which will be changed to 999 and 998 soon. Does these not meet security policy ?

I don't think there is any requirement from Apigee components regarding UID or GID. So the components should still work with different values, however, in apigeectl there isn't a supported way to change these values. You might risk these values getting reverted during upgrades.