Apigee Hybrid 1.8 fresh install

Hi,
This with reference to fresh install of Apigee hybrid 1.8.x with GKE and EKS
1)As per link 
Lists following "If you have followed the instructions for Anthos Service Mesh (ASM), Workload Identity is already enabled for the cluster"
Is this statement applicable for Apigee ingress gateway as well, in case if we opt to use Apigee ingress gateway instead of using ASM ?

2) As per link 
Did not find the EKS Tab or section for EKS under listed topic “Configure Apigee hybrid for multi-region”
It lists Tabs for GKE, GKE-Onprem,AKS and OpenShift only

@dino 

Solved Solved
0 6 616
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1. Workload identify is not a hard pre-requisite for Apigee Ingress Gateway.
2. We will update our docs to include(or link) instructions to enable workload identity in cluster. For now - you can use this Enable Workload Identity link. Rest of the instructions at Enabling Workload Identity with Apigee hybrid is still valid to enable workload identify in Apigee hybrid.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

The first link is not working. However, I think what you are asking is - if workload identity is by default enabled during Apigee ingress gateway installation(which happens by default in 1.8). No, Apigee ingress gateway installation does not enable workload identity of the cluster.

Thanks @kidiyoor  for clarity.

Any specific reason Workload Identity is enabled for ASM but not for Apigee ingress gateway ?

If so what's the option to enable Workload Identity for Apigee ingress gateway ?

How do i enable 

1. Workload identify is not a hard pre-requisite for Apigee Ingress Gateway.
2. We will update our docs to include(or link) instructions to enable workload identity in cluster. For now - you can use this Enable Workload Identity link. Rest of the instructions at Enabling Workload Identity with Apigee hybrid is still valid to enable workload identify in Apigee hybrid.

@kidiyoor    Just want to make sure, we don't loose this point (which i raise initially in this topic) . I am assuming Google is working on updating below information ?

2) As per link 
Did not find the EKS Tab or section for EKS under listed topic “Configure Apigee hybrid for multi-region”
It lists Tabs for GKE, GKE-Onprem,AKS and OpenShift only

Yes, we are working on adding the tab for EKS.

It would be really great if we have a section dedicated to configuring WorkloadIdentity for Apigee hybrid on EKS. We want to mitigate the management of ServiceAccounts but I am not able to find documentation that lists the steps for enabling WorkloadIdentity support for Apigee Hybrid runtime on EKS.