Apigee Developer portal

Hello Team,

I am working on Apigee Developer Portal.

Can anyone suggest me where we can get the third party resource URL(endpoint) for an API which is published in Developer portal.

Thanks in Advance.

Solved Solved
0 7 250
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @lakshmi, a developer portal is used to expose your existing API proxy from Edge with detailed documentation. So in Dev portal when you invoke, it will still make a call to the same Edge proxy endpoint.

What do you mean by third party resource URL in the dev portal? There is no third party URL, all you need is DevPortal URL, account/application in DevPortal to make calls using API Console in Portal.

These calls from API Console, will be hitting the same Edge proxy endpoint.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi , Can you elaborate the question?

Hi Latheef,

I am working on Apigee Developer Portal.

Initially I have created one API proxy in edge along with Product and Developer App and published into Developer portal with Spec(swagger.io file).

Now am unable to find the third party resource URL in dev portal.

Can you suggest me how can I access those API's in outside network.

Not applicable

You can find the third party resource URL for the API in the developer portal and for that, you have to get the access of the resources of the URL because without the access it cannot be possible. You can also add plugins on the development and plugins uae will be useful to you.

Hi @lakshmi, a developer portal is used to expose your existing API proxy from Edge with detailed documentation. So in Dev portal when you invoke, it will still make a call to the same Edge proxy endpoint.

What do you mean by third party resource URL in the dev portal? There is no third party URL, all you need is DevPortal URL, account/application in DevPortal to make calls using API Console in Portal.

These calls from API Console, will be hitting the same Edge proxy endpoint.

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks for your quick response.

I am asking how can we access the API from Developer Portal.

I am attaching the snapshot for an API in dev portal. In this snapshot HTTP request URL is the endpoint for an API? But its is same as API proxy URL which is developed in Apigee Edge.

7811-capture.png

Hi @lakshmi kv

The developer portal (and openapi spec) only document the proxy built in Edge. The petstore example you have above is maybe not a great example - it is not an edge proxy.

Normally you would have:

Developer Portal documentation uses edge proxy urls => Edge Proxy => Backend

In the petstore example above, instead it is

Developer Portal documentation uses backend urls => Backend

I think u need to update your OpenApi spec file (Yaml or json) with your host name and proxy name before uploading it to the portal throghu the SmartDoc.