Apigee API to get historical logs with API call metrics

Hi Team, 

We have a requirement to show the API call log data on our developer portal. 
Basically we need to show below details for each API call made for a particular Developer App:

Date and time, App ID/requesting source ID for all calls and responses,  Response codes and Response times 

I see we have Apigee Metrics API but looks like that will only give us aggregate data and not individual call details. Can someone guide me on how can we achieve this ? 

We are using Apigee X. 

Thanks in advance! 

Solved Solved
0 6 456
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for clarifying @harishav 

The Metrics API will only provide those details you see. It has a bunch of metrics and dimensions you can use to get more stats. 

If you want individual logs, you will have to use a logging system like Cloud logging. You can use the Message Logging policy and push the necessary info into the logs and then query it using the Cloud Logging API. Other logging products can also do this. So try that route. The Metrics API only provides analytics data but not individual logs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Team, 

Can someone help me understand this ? Still waiting for a response 

I am assuming you are using the Integrated portal? Please confirm. This feature is currently not available in the Integrated portal

@Marsh - tagging you to add more details

Hi @ssvaidyanathan,

Thanks for your response. 
Not exactly sure what is integrated portal, basically we are using Apigee X and my requirement is to use some APIs from Apigee to pull above requested info and show it on our own UI. 

I have explored the Metrics API, https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/api-platform/analytics/use-analytics-api-measure-api-program-pe... , but it is only giving the aggregate data points but i need individual call log details. 

So, looking for some suggestions from you folks. 

Thanks in advance! 

Thanks for clarifying @harishav 

The Metrics API will only provide those details you see. It has a bunch of metrics and dimensions you can use to get more stats. 

If you want individual logs, you will have to use a logging system like Cloud logging. You can use the Message Logging policy and push the necessary info into the logs and then query it using the Cloud Logging API. Other logging products can also do this. So try that route. The Metrics API only provides analytics data but not individual logs.

Hi @ssvaidyanathan ,

Thanks for your response. 

One last query related to this, for the Metrics API, i see a Disclaimer about the data delay of 10 minutes. Isn't there a way to reduce this delay for a specific cluster as needed ? 

Thanks in Advance! 

@harishav - No thats not possible.