Any Generic Service to download files from organisation via APIGEE Edge Platform

Not applicable

Hi All,

We have one requirement where customer need to download files from our organisation via APIGEE Edge Platform. So I want to know if any generic download file API are available in APIGee Edge platform...

Solved Solved
0 5 996
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Hello Babu,

Apigee Edge has no direct access to your file system, (or a database if that's the case). Instead, it relies on some web service interface to be in place to expose your files the way you want to. For example, you may want to respond with the contents of the file in json format, xml, plain text or as a multi-part attachment. So, there is no out of the box way to directly share the files on your backend system directly. You must write some REST interface to do what you want to happen when someone requests the file content from your system.

It's up to you how you want to expose the files on your file system and which technology that you use. One technology that we offer is Apigee-127, that would let you do this in Node.js. That is just one option, but if it works for you, there is a lot of material there of how to get started.

I hope this helps. Unfortunately, there is nothing pre built we can plug in to access your files on the backend. However, once an interface is in place, Apigee Edge can be used for security, quota, caching, and many other uses.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Could you explain your use case a little more? Where would the files be downloaded from?

Not applicable

Apigee does have APIs available to download information about your Apigee system such as the API proxy, environment, caches, and other information. This is documented here.

If your question is about downloading files that exist on your backend system to the user's machine, there is no pre-built policy that we have for downloading files. We will be happy to help you implement what you need. I'm fairly confident that what you are trying can be done but would need to know more about what you are doing.

Not applicable

Hi Michael, Thanks for your input. We are looking a solution where we downloading the files that exist on our back-end system. If you have any input on this pls provide your thoughts

Not applicable

Hello Babu,

Apigee Edge has no direct access to your file system, (or a database if that's the case). Instead, it relies on some web service interface to be in place to expose your files the way you want to. For example, you may want to respond with the contents of the file in json format, xml, plain text or as a multi-part attachment. So, there is no out of the box way to directly share the files on your backend system directly. You must write some REST interface to do what you want to happen when someone requests the file content from your system.

It's up to you how you want to expose the files on your file system and which technology that you use. One technology that we offer is Apigee-127, that would let you do this in Node.js. That is just one option, but if it works for you, there is a lot of material there of how to get started.

I hope this helps. Unfortunately, there is nothing pre built we can plug in to access your files on the backend. However, once an interface is in place, Apigee Edge can be used for security, quota, caching, and many other uses.

Not applicable

HI !!

i have an issue along this lines, but i think its several leagues simpler.

i use a service that generates a "download URL " and it works fine, if a add a "/d" to the url it triggers a download directly, beautiful.

but i do not want to expose that url to the end user, i need a mechanism to have it cached or downloaded to my server and then served up to the user from my facade. anywhich works.

we're talking about 5mb -maximum- files size