Adding a new policy - Basic Auth

Not applicable

I am learning Apigee - I have setup a trial account and a simple Hello World API - now I am trying to setup a basic authentication policy - all I see is an option for the name and display name but as per the tutorial I should also see Attach Policy and Flow, Segment options as well - does the trial account not provide these options ?

0 3 96
3 REPLIES 3

@Ghulam Farooq Shaikh ,

Yes, It does provide same. I believe , you are adding policy using + icon next to policies text in right side bar.

2545-policy-add.png

Above option, creates a policy but doesn't attach same to any flow. To do same, Either simply drag and drop policy to desired flow , request/response segment in middle of screen.

2546-drag-drop.png

For example, in above screen i have added Basic Auth policy to Preflow Request Pipeline.

You can also, add policy to desired flow / segment by clickig on + Step icon in flow / segment. You can also see same in above screenshot.

Not applicable

Hi, Welcome to apigee!

You are getting this options because of new proxy editor apigee has.

It has two option for adding policies:

1) You can click on policies '+' option at left hand side and add policy unattached to any flow or segment.

2)Yo can select particular flow and click on '+ step ' option of request or response segment shown in flow view (center of window)

To know more about proxy editor read thisscreenshot-from-2016-04-25-083211.png.

@Ghulam Farooq Shaikh

Regarding more information on basic Auth policy, you can always refer the policy documentation, the link to it is available on the same page as shown below

2548-documentation.png