Accessing the KVM From Dev portal

Hi Every one,

I want to store developer information into kvm from dev portal during registration process as i can store developer information(company name) in custom attribute block on the Edge .

0 4 120
4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

This is totally possible just call the kvm management API described in the link below from the registration page in your dev portal.

http://docs.apigee.com/management/apis/post/organizations/%7Borg_name%7D/keyvaluemaps/%7Bmap_name%7D...

why not store this information at a Custom Attribute on a developer? That way you will retrieve the variable every time you validate an API Key/Access token from that developer

+1 @Sean Davis , @AbdulRehman , I like above answer, Why not Custom Attribute on Developer ? It's available out of the box.

If you would like to store in KVM, You need to build a custom module using the "DevConnect Key-Value Maps" module in developer portal. It needs drupal expertise & maintainability is an issue. Any reason you prefer KVM over developer attribute ? Let us know if you need any help with storing same as developer attribute in edge through developer portal.

Actually i want to fetch KVM values while registering a developer on Developer portal. These values will be set in custom attributes, So I'm using custom attributes as well, but this scenario is different where i have multiple types of Developers. and on the basis of their type/role i want to fetch it's configurable attributes.