APIManager

In case of load balanced APIGEE Edge set up for on-Premise, are we going to have one or multiple API manager? What is the right approach?

0 4 111
4 REPLIES 4

@Manish S , You mean message processor ?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@Manish S I am assuming you are referring to having multiple API Gateways (which are comprised of a Router & Message Processor)? If yes, they are usually deployed (usually behind a LB) in pairs for HA. Beyond that it depends on your TPS requirements. The solution is designed so you can scale individual components vs having to scale the complete platform.

Thanks Prithpal! Does this mean that there will be only one API manager component to allow me to manage all the instances and manage the version history. I believe deploying multiple API manager would defeat API management capability as opposed to API gateways components. What would be the single view for all the instances. Can you please let me know any documentation that I can refer to understand the same.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@Manish Verma as you may be aware an on-premise deployment of Apigee Edge has multiple components. The management server (typically one instance, deployed in HA for production) component of the platform is responsible for managing all the APIs (policies, versions etc) across multiple API gateways. The management server provides a single view for all the instances. Documentation is bundled with the software binaries. The install guide lays out different deployment options.