APIGEE Sense : Block/Flag incoming traffic from a specific country

Hi,

I am configuring APIGEE Sense to block or flag incoming traffic from a specific country.  I came across below queries while configuring protection rule in APIGEE Sense -

1. The country name needs to be in ALL CAPS or any type of case is accepted  i.e.  ITALY or italy or Italy are all 3 accepted or just one of these?

2. Does sense flag/block all incoming requests from the configured country or Only blocks/flags suspicious traffic meeting detection rules?

Thanks!

0 3 244
3 REPLIES 3

1. Not sure where you are trying to configure this rule. (a screenshot would be helpful)

2. Sense doesn't specifically block all traffic from countries, but can identify the suspicious requests and allows you to filter by countries. 

If you need to block all traffic based on geo, you will have to rely on implementing it at the proxy level with AccessControl policy and IP to geo location lookup.

Hi,

I am trying to configure the rule under APIGEE Sense -> Protection Rule -> Add Protection Rule.

We would like to use Apigee Sense to Block/Flag any incoming traffic from Embargo Countries. 

Refer below a sample screenshot -

ajay1902_0-1641569903944.png

The below link is from Apigee sense Documentation and based on this i assumed that if i detect that incoming traffic from a specific country is malicious then i should be able to block/flag all traffic from that country using protection rules and not just the bot traffic which Sense considers to be a threat. 

https://docs.apigee.com/sense/taking-action-bots

ajay1902_1-1641570188571.png

Thanks!

Sense will not block all the traffic from specific countries, it does block malicious requests as per the detection rules.