APIGEE - Rate Limit implementation (Per Second)

Hi Team - I have to implement Ratelimit in terms of Seconds as per my client needs. But Quota policy works till minutes and Spike Arrest is for smoothening the traffic. As per client, all the transactions might get in first millisecond itself. 

Infra: APIGEE OPDK

Does anybody come across this situation? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

0 4 115
4 REPLIES 4

@dchiesa1  - any insight on my post pls?

Nope, you would need to build your own per-second rate limiter, for OPDK. 

With Apigee X and hybrid, it's easier. There's a new rate limiter that might work well for you. But it's not available in OPDK and not coming to OPDK. 

Sorry.

Best advice I can offer you is to get on the current platform. 

Thanks Dino for the response. 

I have implemented the ratelimit as below for the seconds. Please guide me is this fine or not.

For example: I need to set 30/Sec and requirement is 30 transactions might come in any millisecond and API should not fail.

1. first I converted 30/sec to 1800/min and added in SA policy and I have 3 MPs in my POD. I would expect each MP will distribute as 600/min (Use Effective Count=true) and further it gets distributed as 600/60=10/sec (SA policy). My assumption is SA would not further divided 10/sec into 10/1000 millisecond. Is this correct?

2. One more doubt is, does the UserEffectiveCount works internal to region or spans across dataCenters?

Pls suggest!

Thanks

Srini

@dchiesa1  - can you please suggest on above questions?