API routing based on env using target servers in Apigee X

Hello.  We are implementing API routing based on backend environment with target servers using the pattern described in this link below.

https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/api-platform/deploy/load-balancing-across-backend-servers

While the pattern is working, it appears Apigee X has added a new feature where LoadBalancer values beyond <Server> are now required in the underlying schema.  This does not align to the Apigee Product documentation examples.  Screenshots attached.

target_screenshot.png

We are interesting only in the target server routing by environment, we are not taking full advantage of Apigee's load balancing capabilities (load balancing is handled by an ILB in the target GCP project).  

1. Given that <LoadBalancer> values are now required, what is an appropriate <LoadBalancer> value to apply in this scenario?   
    Note: <Algorithm> was only applied to test Apigee's schema validator (see screenshot).
  2. Is there a more appropriate pattern to follow for environment based backend routing in Apigee X?

Thanks, 
Marc

Solved Solved
0 3 233
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

On my side, I'm experiencing issues with the target endpoint XML validation on the NEW development interface on Apigee X: whatever my setup, it always prevent me to save becasue "LoadBalancer must have a value".

In that cas, my workaround is to switch to the old version of the interface, make my change and save it and then, come back to new interface... Annoying.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

On my side, I'm experiencing issues with the target endpoint XML validation on the NEW development interface on Apigee X: whatever my setup, it always prevent me to save becasue "LoadBalancer must have a value".

In that cas, my workaround is to switch to the old version of the interface, make my change and save it and then, come back to new interface... Annoying.

Thank you @Arnaduga, that workaround did work for me.  As you said, I switched back to the non-preview Develop tab UI and it allowed me to save.  So it appears to be either a bug in the preview version or a mismatch of scheduled features for LoadBalancer.

Maybe you can provide a feedback to Google Team (as I did), by click onto the upper righ "exclamation mark". That could help them (if Google Team in charge does not read this discussion 🙂 )