API product created in drupal 8 are not showing up in Edge

Hi Team,

1. I have created API product in drupal 8 portal products page(/apis), but why it is not showing in Edge portal product list?

2. And the vice-versa, why products in API edge are not updating in Drupal products page(/apis)?

Can anyone suggest on this?

0 4 250
4 REPLIES 4

I think you're a little crossed up.

in the Drupal page under /apis, what you're doing is creating an APP. Or more accurately an app with a credential. You can view those in the Admin UI under Apps. (Not products).

If, using the Apigee Admin UI, you create a new product, and configure it as public, it should show up in the Drupal catalog of API Products. It will not appear in the list of APPs inside Drupal.

Hi Dino,

Thanks for answering. Now I understood that in "/apis" page, the api docs will be listed.

In Apigee Admin UI, we can create new product and if configured it as public, it should show up in the Drupal catalog of API Products.

My question:

Is there any way to create an API product in Drupal8 portal, which should sync with Edge "API products" and should list in Drupal catalog of API Products.

I am new to this concept. Please suggest.

No. see my answer to your other question.

It sounds like you have the Apigee API catalog module enabled, which allows you to create documentation for you APIs in the portal:

9858-screen-shot-2020-05-07-at-61152-pm.png

This is just the API documentation and is purposely not the same as an API product in Edge since some companies expose APIs differently than how they use Edge API Products. For example, you could have a "Five Day Forecast API" and "Tide API", which are both part of the "Weather API Product". To keep things simple you can have a 1 to 1 mapping between them instead.

If you create an API Product in Edge, it will be displayed in the Add App page so the developer can select the API.

In the screen below you can see that 4 API Products are added to Apigee Edge, and are now available for the developer to select when creating an app (getting keys) to access the API:

9859-screen-shot-2020-05-07-at-62138-pm.png