AI or automated API handshakes between apps

I am not a coder but I have an interest in linking to physician scheduling apps. It appears that most physician practices use custom or unique scheduling apps. My client would like to have people in their app be able to schedule appointments on a physicians app. To integrate thousands of unique scheduling apps to my clients app is too expensive. Is it possible to use AI to do this integrations automatically? charles@ascentinnovation.io

0 1 102
1 REPLY 1

No, I wouldn't look to Artificial Intelligence to solve that problem. I don't think AI has been effectively applied to that problem.

Let's analyze a little more.

It appears that most physician practices use custom or unique scheduling apps.

I have no particular knowledge about the market distribution for medical practice scheduling apps. But I would be surprised if the distribution was completely random. In my experience, in a fragmented space, with many suppliers, you generally see something like a power-law distribution. a "long tail" .

If the distribution of scheduling apps follows a power law, then a small number of scheduling apps will be used by 80% of medical practices. What's a small number? Maybe 6-12. I'm just guessing.

If that's the case, then it's not the case that every app is custom. Instead there are a handful of dominant suppliers. And that means your integration task is much simpler - you need to integrate with the top players.

There's an API for the scheduling piece each of those players. The API may be more or less well defined, but it's there, for sure. And your job would be to understand those APIs and then integrate.

Apigee may be able to play a role, in creating a common "front end" API, a "linigua franca" API. The client app could just use that standard API, and you could configure Apigee to bridge that into the bespoke APIs for the various medical scheduling apps.

This is just an idea. We would need much more concrete data in order to be sure that this is applicable, that my assumptions are on target.