504 gateway timeout issue

Not applicable

I am from Verizon and we have an enterprise license for apigee.

We get a 504 gateway timeout when uploading a file thru edge.

I have added the following property and still not resolved.

<Propertyname="api.timeout">180000</Property>

What else is missing ?

Note : The file actually gets uploaded inspite of this timeout. Please advice.

Solved Solved
1 3 5,955
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Hey Naveen ,

Is your proxy execution taking more than 55 seconds to execute ?

If yes , it is possible that you are being returned a 504 gateway timeout from the router.

This is how your request reaches the Message processor where your proxy executes.

Internet --> Load Balancer --> Router --> Message Processor ( This is where your proxy executes )

There are timeouts on each of the levels

Load Balancer ( 60 secs ) > Router (57 secs ) > MP (55 secs )

As your file is getting uploaded it seems that your MP is not timing out. However your router may have timed out. If you need to increase those timeout levels , you can contact veritas support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Hey Naveen ,

Is your proxy execution taking more than 55 seconds to execute ?

If yes , it is possible that you are being returned a 504 gateway timeout from the router.

This is how your request reaches the Message processor where your proxy executes.

Internet --> Load Balancer --> Router --> Message Processor ( This is where your proxy executes )

There are timeouts on each of the levels

Load Balancer ( 60 secs ) > Router (57 secs ) > MP (55 secs )

As your file is getting uploaded it seems that your MP is not timing out. However your router may have timed out. If you need to increase those timeout levels , you can contact veritas support.

I am also facing the same issue. WHenever proxy execution is taking more then 30 seconds I am getting the upstread timedout error. I have also used api.timedout for 1 min.

@MamataB , Did you get solution to your problem i.e. timeout at 30 seconds. I am also facing same issue. Getting 504 error with message  "upstream timeout" . Overriding timeouts at proxy level is not working.