12 node setup

I have a 12 node setup and is trying to ascertain the best way to start the components after a server reboot, is there anyone with an idea? According to the documentation, it seems extremely complicated.

Solved Solved
0 9 161
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thanks, slight confusion on my side, auto start works if you are restarting 1 node, I agree, but in the case of patching the OS of each host, then the hosts will be restarted, when then happens to the auto start process?

From where I am standing , it will try and implement the auto start process , what will the outcome be?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Not applicable

I would suggest first to enable autostart for all components. This will take care of everything.

The components to start:

The first thing is you need to start one component at a time.

The sequence of start is

Cassandra (apigee-cassandra)

OpenLDAP (apigee-openldap)

PostgreSQL database (apigee-postgresql)

Qpidd (apigee-qpidd)

ZooKeeper (apigee-zookeeper)

Management Server (edge-management-server)

Message Processor (edge-message-processor)

Postgres Server (edge-postgres-server)

Qpid Server (edge-qpid-server)

Router (edge-router)

Edge UI (edge-ui)

Edge SSO (apigee-sso)

The documentation advises against autostart, "If any other Apigee component is running on one or more ZooKeeper and Cassandra nodes, it is not recommended to use autostart.", hee is the link to the documentation where I found the above, https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/v4.18.01/setting-server-autostart.

autostart is helpful when only one server restarts. We have enabled in our case.

As document specifies I would suggest to start according to the sequence I have specified in your case.

thanks, slight confusion on my side, auto start works if you are restarting 1 node, I agree, but in the case of patching the OS of each host, then the hosts will be restarted, when then happens to the auto start process?

From where I am standing , it will try and implement the auto start process , what will the outcome be?

I won't suggest for autostart as the document clearly specified the condition.

But yes, in my case after patch and restart, autostart does its job.

do you start your hosts in a specific sequence?

Not applicable

Yes, when we do cluster restart we do follow the sequence of stop and start. That we do very rarely.

no, I mean, after the patches has been completed, do you start the hosts in a certain sequence or do you start them up randomly?

Not applicable

No, we don't do start after patching. We don't follow any sequence also. All go up again because of auto start.