Deploying Anthos and GCP Services On-Premises

Hello everyone,

I'm curious if it's possible to utilize Anthos for deploying certain marketplace products on-premises.

From what I understand, Anthos is designed for hybrid cloud and multi-cloud environments, allowing the deployment of applications on data center clusters. I'm aware that there are marketplace products available for use, but I'm unsure if it's valid to select GCP products from the marketplace and deploy them on top of Anthos clusters, some services like App Engine, Datarproc, Pub/sub, Cloud Composer, .. etc.

I know that AWS Outposts can run AWS services on-premises, but I'm uncertain if Anthos has a similar capability.

The main motivation is the security of data plus saving costs as the cloud is too expensive, and to use hybrid-cloud.
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this?

Thanks!

0 2 1,463
2 REPLIES 2

you can use Anthos on-premises. ( Anthos on bare metal and Anthos on VMWare).

these 2 products will deploy GKE on your DC resources.

Google also providing 2 more services (Google Edge & Hosted).

In this offering google send there server RAC in customer DC to provide cloud services.

for more information about Anthos on VM-Ware installation, you can refer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfgo0apgm5k

--

Regards,

Himanshu Gaur

Anthos is indeed designed for hybrid and multi-cloud environments, allowing you to effectively manage Kubernetes clusters across various infrastructure environments. You have the flexibility to deploy a wide range of marketplace products onto Anthos clusters. Google Cloud Marketplace offers many solutions that are compatible with Anthos.

For your specific use case, it's worth noting that certain services such as App Engine and Cloud Composer are primarily designed to operate within the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) ecosystem and may not be directly deployable onto Anthos clusters. However, you can explore alternative solutions like Cloud Run for Anthos. Cloud Run for Anthos enables you to run containerized workloads in a serverless manner directly on your Anthos clusters.

If you are concerned about secure and private connectivity for your workloads, you can consider using Private Service Connect. Private Service Connect is a feature within Google Cloud networking that empowers consumers to access managed services privately from within their Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network. It also allows managed service producers to host these services in their own separate VPC networks and offer a private connection to their consumers. This can help address security and privacy concerns while ensuring seamless connectivity between your workloads and managed services.

Top Labels in this Space