Beginner's guide to the community

Q: What if you posted a question and no one responded?

A: It happens, though very infrequently. Take a moment to re-evaluate your question.

• If your question is too broad, try breaking it up.
  • If your question is too vague, try to make it more specific.
  • If you think that your question is just fine, maybe it just slipped through the cracks - don’t be shy to post a comment prompting answers from the community.

Q: What if you received community response but you're getting impatient waiting for additional clarification?

A: If you received a response but you’ve been waiting for additional clarification for a while don't hesitate to resurface your question by posting another comment.

Q: How does the community know if a question has been fully resolved?

A: Every member like you should hit 'Accept' next to the answer that addressed your question. This gives well-deserved reputation points to the person who answered. It also ensures that the next user with the same question will have the best answer at their fingertips.

Q: How can I engage community experts that I really trust and appreciate?

A: Mention their username in your post by using @. This will bring up a list of users you can choose from.

Q: How can I ask experts to answer a Question ?

A: Think you know an expert who is sure to have the answer to this question? Click the button ASK in the right hand side bar to ask them to post an answer.

1085-screen-shot-2015-09-04-at-83153-am.png

Version history
Last update:
‎09-02-2015 10:05 AM
Updated by: