Apigee 4MV4D - API Traffic Management : Quota - Series - Introduction to API Traffic Management - S02E01

Hello Apigeeks,

Let me start by saying thank you for great response & feedback on 4MV4D videos. I promised to post a new 4MV4D video for every new youtube channel subscription in my last article. We have crossed milestone of 25 subscribers. Here is the S02E01 4MV4D video that talks about API Traffic Management.

Every API Program needs some traffic management to protect target servers. In this 4MV4D video, We will see different traffic management use cases & how Apigee Edge can help you with out of the box policies to solve these issues.

A very common scenario is implementing Quotas, Let's say you would like to allow 100 API calls per day access to public developers, 1000 API calls per day to partner and unlimited access to internal developers. It can also be something like if API call comes from particular IP address you would like to allow X number of API calls per Y interval.

Sometimes quota deciding factor can be part of request or response. Let's say if a query param 'x' has value 'a' you would like to provide 5 API calls per minute & has value 'b' you would like to provide 10 API calls per minutes. Apigee Edge Quota Policy make your life easy to configure dynamic quotas & maintain counters, raise faults if quota exceeds. In this series season 2, We are going to learn hands on how Apigee Edge Quota Policy works in upcoming 4MV4D videos.

In this 4MV4D video we have seen basic use cases where we need to do API Traffic management to protect target servers. Apigee also has other traffic management policies like Spike Arrest & Concurrent rate limit which we will explore in future 4MV4D videos.

4MV4D videos are completely focussed on API Developers & help you learn many interesting concepts very quickly using hands on approach. Don't forget to subscribe to channel here. Feel free to send your feedback/queries using comments below. Stay tuned for more videos.

Version history
Last update:
‎02-28-2017 05:10 AM
Updated by: