Tutorial: allowing sign-in to the Apigee Edge (Drupal-based) Developer Portal using OpenID Connect

Some of you may wish to allow zero-effort registration and sign-in to the developer portal via OpenID Connect. For example this would allow you to let developers to sign into your devportal with a Microsoft signin, or a Google Signin, and etc. Similar to the way the sign-in works for Stackoverflow.com.

The nice thing is that Drupal has lots of modules, and one of them is an OpenID Connect module, which is available here. Connecting that to Microsoft's Azure AD (Or Microsoft Sign-in, or whatever they call it) is pretty simple. There are a few catches, which i describe in the following screencast.

There is just one more thing... To enable the visual experience provided by the openid connect module, you need to configure it in Drupal. I show you how to do this here:

This specific screencast covers using Azure (Microsoft) login, but it will work basically the same way for any OpenID Connect provider. You could even act as your own OpenID Connect provider, and let people sign in through APIs and an IdP that you manage yourself.

BTW, this is the link to the modified openidconnect module code I used for connecting to Azure AD.

Comments
Not applicable

Is there an update to this tutorial? I'm not seeing the screencast that's mentioned. We need to integrate Azure AD with the dev portal so the screencast would really come in handy. Thanks!

DChiesa
Staff

Hi Aaron - sorry about that! That screencast was inadvertently edited out by a crawler script.... I've re-inserted the links now.

Not applicable

I just got around to revisiting this forum post. Thank you for the links Dino. Much appreciated!

DChiesa
Staff

Right on! Let me know if you've got more feedback! Always interested in hearing what y'all think!

Version history
Last update:
‎01-04-2017 04:29 PM
Updated by: