Can not deploy new revision due to inability to create a temporary directory

0 2 511

Error on UI: Revision is deployed and traffic can flow, but flow may be impaired. Could not create a temporary directory at ...

Exception on Management Server: com.apigee.rpc.RPCException: com.apigee.kernel.exceptions.spi.UncheckedException{ code = messaging.runtime.CouldNotCreateResourceDir, message = Could not create a temporary directory at /opt/apigee/var/log/edge-message-processor/work/o/<org>/e/<environment>/a/<proxy_name>, associated contexts = []} at com.apigee.rpc.impl.AbstractCallerImpl.handleError(AbstractCallerImpl.java:54) ~[rpc-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.rpc.impl.RPCMachineImpl$OutgoingCall.handleError(RPCMachineImpl.java:464) ~[rpc-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.rpc.impl.RPCMachineImpl.processFrame(RPCMachineImpl.java:356) ~[rpc-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.rpc.impl.ServerHandleImpl.inboundBufferUpdated(ServerHandleImpl.java:298) ~[rpc-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.rpc.impl.ServerHandleImpl.messageReceived(ServerHandleImpl.java:291) ~[rpc-1.0.0.jar:na] at io.netty.channel.ChannelHandlerUtil.handleInboundBufferUpdated(ChannelHandlerUtil.java:60) ~[netty-all-4.0.0.CR1.jar:na] at io.netty.channel.ChannelInboundMessageHandlerAdapter.inboundBufferUpdated(ChannelInboundMessageHandlerAdapter.java:82) ~[netty-all-4.0.0.CR1.jar:na]

. at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:109) ~[netty-all-4.0.0.CR1.jar:na]

Quick checkpoints to handle this situation:

1. Make sure there's enough disk space available on the Message Processor(s)

2. As the message processor process run as apigee user, please ensure the apigee user has the required permissions to create the directory at the given location

3. Confirm there's no file system error at VM level. If so, restarting VM may help this error go away.

Comments
Not applicable

Hello,

I use a test account and I have the same error when trying to deploy a "hello world" application. Any ideas how I can fix it?

Thank you

Not applicable

Make sure that Apigee server running under user has root permissions on the machine.

Version history
Last update:
‎10-31-2016 11:12 AM
Updated by: