Apigee Developer Portal - Custom - SmartDocs Template - SDCT001

Hello Everyone,

For some reason, I personally feel, Default, Out of the box SmartDocs template is not that great when it comes to User Experience. I have updated the template with few layout changes. Hope you like it. Follow instructions to install same.

If you do / don't have Developer Portal Code Base Access - (Copy / Paste Template) :

Step 1 : Copy Contents of attached smartdocs_custom_sdct001.hbr.txt file contents.

smartdocs-customhbr.txt

Step 2 : Navigate to SmartDocs settings page in your developer portal as Admin , Content -> SmartDocs -> {YOURSMARTDOCS} -> Settings

Step 3 : Replace Method Template content with above file contents you copied, Save Template

If you have Developer Portal Code Base Access - ( Custom Module ) :

Step 1 : Download Attached Module Code

smartdocs-custom.zip

Step 2 : Copy Contents of smartdocs_custom.hbr file contents

Step 3 : Navigate to SmartDocs settings page in your developer portal as Admin , Content -> SmartDocs -> {YOURSMARTDOCS} -> Settings

3018-ssss.png

Step 4 : Replace Method Template content with above file contents you copied, Save Template

Step 5 : Place the extracted "smartdocs_custom" module folder insides sites/all/modules/custom folder in your developer portal

Step 6 : Enable the module "Custom SmartDocs" from "admin/modules" page

Step 7 : Flush All Caches : Home Icon -> Flush All caches using Admin Menu

See the updated changes in your smartdocs page. For your reference, see old vs new layout screenshot below.

Default SmartDocs Template :

3020-old.png

New Customised Smartdocs Template :

3031-new13.png

Feel free to post your feedback / queries in comments below. Hope it's useful.

Comments
sidd-harth
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

@Anil Sagar, I remember asking a question regarding the same thing an year ago. You said that it was not available out of the box.

So I was curiously checking all the options in smartdocs and came across the Admin , Content -> SmartDocs -> -> Settings and from there I did the same thing which you mentioned above to achieve the same results.

I thought of making a post to explain how to achieve this, but I couldn't do it.

Anyway it is a good post for people who want to try/have this.

BTW I wanted to check my smartdoc today after a long time and it doesn't open...gives an error, kindly have a look at it,

http://dev-siddharth1.devportal.apigee.com/

anilsr
Staff

@Barahalikar Siddharth , I have unfrozen your site. It should work now.

sidd-harth
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Thank you @Anil Sagar.

How can I unfroze it, if it happens again?

This is how I changed the custom layout 🙂

3075-a.png

anilsr
Staff

@Barahalikar Siddharth , You need to request same in community / through support. BTB, I can't access above attached image, Can you upload it again ?

Not applicable

Hello

How to customize your code to have :

- Default value

- Type

- Complex Object (like address with country, street, ...)

- Required or optionnal

in Query Parameter and response

Example : capture.png

Thanks for your help

Nathalie

Not applicable

@Anil Sagar I like this template. What is the consequence of adding the custom Smartdocs module ? Does that make the revised template the default for everything ?

anilsr
Staff

@mark.ferguson , In the module i have just separated css & js code. No, It doesn't make the template default for everything.

Also, See updated template SDCT002 here.

-------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

anilsr
Staff

@mark.ferguson ,

If you would like to make template default for all new models, Upload the template in the admin page Configuration -> SmartDocs

Not applicable

Thanks again @Anil Sagar 🙂

shawkyfoda
Silver 1
Silver 1

Is there a galary of templates? For example swagger have a left navigation pane with methods grouped/classified using tags. Thank You.

Version history
Last update:
‎06-27-2016 10:09 PM
Updated by: