Sending feedback on Apigee documentation

There you are, in the official Apigee product documentation (docs.apigee.com), and you stumble across something that just ain't right. Could be as simple as a typo or as big as a sample API proxy that doesn't work or an introductory statement that says the product does something in particular, but it sure hasn't worked for you. Chances are that's a bug.

OR, you might have a killer sample you think would be great for us to include in our docs! We're definitely open to that.

Here's a very quick, fun way you can send us documentation feedback.

1. At the bottom right of the page, click Send Docs Feedback.

1467-send-feedback.png

2. Select whether you want to leave a comment on a specific part of the page (preferred) or on the entire page.

1180-doc-feedback-2.png

3. If you choose a specific part of the page, scroll to (highlight) the relevant area and click. (As you move the mouse or arrow keys, you'll see sections of the page highlighted before you click.)

1181-doc-feedback-3.png

4. Enter your message, add your email address, and send feedback.

Your email is optional. We'll only use it to thank you, let you know we're working on it, and possibly ask for clarification.

1182-doc-feedback-4.png

If all else fails, you can always send a note directly to our documentation team at docs@apigee.com.

We try to fix things immediately if we can. However, if we don't fix something right away, please know that it's still on our radar and may involve more work or research. (Or you didn't leave us your email, and we're not sure exactly what you meant.)

You have no idea how much we appreciate getting feedback. Our documentation has improved a lot simply because good people like you took an extra 30 seconds to send us a quick note. Best of all, you're being an incredible community member helping others just like who are out there fighting the good fight. And that's some great API karma.

Troubleshooting

If the feedback functionality doesn't work—for example, you click Send Docs Feedback at the top of the page and nothing happens, look for any browser extensions that might perform blocking behavior, such as AdBlockPlus, and disable them for the apigee.com domain.

Comments
cladius_fernand
Participant V

Great article @Floyd Jones. This is indeed a convenient way to point out any gaps in the documentation which will in turn be useful to the overall community. For the benefit of other fellow community members, I want to point out a minor hindrance I encountered when I first tried to report an error in this manner. When I clicked on the "Send Docs Feedback" button nothing seemed to happen for me in Firefox as well as Chrome. On opening up the JS console I realized that the "AdBlockPlus" extension was blocking the BugHerd invocation which is utilized for reporting the doc errors. Simply disabling the extension for apigee.com domain solved the issue.

cladius_fernand
Participant V

For the users who do input their email while providing feedback, can the apigee documentation team make it a process to notify them once the feedback has been incorporated?

jonesfloyd
Staff

Thanks so much for this, @Cladius Fernando. Fantastic find. I've added the info to a little troubleshooting section at the end to make sure folks see it.

jonesfloyd
Staff

@Cladius Fernando - Yes. We currently (or at least we're supposed to) ping people when we make immediate fixes. For fixes that happen later, which usually get filed as doc bugs in Jira, we can add notification to the bug-closing process.

Version history
Last update:
‎09-16-2015 04:23 PM
Updated by: