I wrote an API for my Ruby on Rails app. Can I use Apigee to track applications that use the API methods?

Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if APIGEE is right for my situation. I have a ruby on rails app. I created an API for external applications to log in or make specific web calls using OAuth. What I'm looking for is a way to track the number of times these API calls are being used.

I created an account and saw that for Ruby I have the option of using usergrid_iron. How would I go about taking advantage of APIGEE's tracking, but using my own API? Is this possible?

0 1 805
1 REPLY 1

Dear @Vu Nguyen ,

Welcome to Apigee Community.

Apigee Platform is absolutely right choice for your situation and answers all your requirements.

Apigee Edge Platform is a Full Fledge API Platform between your back end (Where your APIs are hosted) and apps which consume your APIs.

You will create an API Proxy for your Backend API in Apigee Platform and uses API Proxy in your Apps. Apigee Platform out of the box supports Developer OnBoarding, App Creation, Security, OAuth, Keys, Analytics and reports on top of that. You can track very fine grained details like who is consuming your apis, how many apps are consuming your Apis, how many developers exist in your eco system, API calls made hourly, daily , weekly and so on.

Optionally, You can also host your APIs in Apigee Platform itself using Apigee NodeJS containers. Apigee also has BackEnd As a Service Product which gives ability to store data and quickly build mobile apps. usergrid_iron is Rails SDK for Apigee BAAS Product.

Apigee also provides free developer account which provides Apigee Edge, Apigee BAAS, Analytics etc services which will help you build API Ecosystem around your product. Apigee also provides free developer portal which will help developers to get on boarded and create Apps.

You can get started with docs here.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar