Can I add my own custom images and CSS style sheet to the Homepage Header block?

Not applicable

I recently signed up for my Apigee dev account and I'm currently experimenting with setting up a sample developer portal. I'm using the Apigee Responsive theme and have made some simple edits via the developer portal UI. However, I want to customize the "Homepage Header" block with some of my own custom images and a custom CSS style sheet.

I found the place in the developer portal UI where I can edit the HTML. However, I can't find anywhere that allows you to upload additional images and/or a supplemental CSS style sheet. Is this possible when using the cloud version? Or do I need to be hosting my own on-prem instance of the developer portal in order to customize content and themes beyond the limited options in the UI page (Administration > Structure > Blocks > Configure Block)?

Any guidance how to do some modest but slightly more advanced customization would be a huge help.

Thanks!

Mike

Solved Solved
1 7 1,535
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sgilson
Participant V

There is doc on customizing the home page here:

http://apigee.com/docs/developer-services/content/customize-appearance

Let me know if that helps,

Stephen

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

sgilson
Participant V

There is doc on customizing the home page here:

http://apigee.com/docs/developer-services/content/customize-appearance

Let me know if that helps,

Stephen

Thanks for the quick response Stephen. I did see this doc but it doesn't seem to address a Developer account. Do I need to have a paid Apigee Edge account to add custom images and syle sheets? Just trying to figure out how much I can customize my Dev Account portal test.

You should be able to make changes through the admin interface, but you cannot add any custom code, create a custom theme, create a subtheme, or add contrib modules that are not in our distribution.

@michael.mcpadden was wondering the same recently. the info here helped clarify for me:

Working w/Pantheon

Dear @michael.mcpadden ,

Home page header blocks are enabled using Drupal Context module. You can disable existing blocks by navigating to Admin > Structure > Context > Home Page. You can create new blocks by navigating to Administration > Structure > Blocks > Add Block.

We do not provide pantheon code base access to free customers. If you are a paid customer please contact support to get access to pantheon. Once you get pantheon access you can upload new themes, modules, images, css etc.

As a work around , You can write inline css using script tags inside the block using FULL HTML format and use external images.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Dear @Michael McPadden , See recently posted article which explains with example.

Not applicable

@sglison & @asagar Hello, This is well documented and I get the idea. Now I've one question, if I have to add my custom CSS for horizontal tabs into body or main content area then how can I do?