Spaces are integrated within google chat, how to exclude them?

xnR
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hello everyone

I recently have a new view of my google chat where the spaces are integrated within the chat window:

xnR_0-1700694587709.png

I would really like to have them separated as shown in the customization: 

xnR_1-1700694670411.png

When I click on "done" the spaces are still within "chat". Did anyone had this "issue" before?

Many thanks for help!

2 4 698
4 REPLIES 4

that change would be part of https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2023/11/streamlining-user-experience-in-google-chat.html. no way to revert to the former format/layout. 

I just loss my SPACES on the GMAIL dashboard this week (January 8, 2024).  I'll miss it.  Having SPACES one click away was so productive.  Now, 1). I have to huddle over Chat,  2). Scroll through my SPACES, 3). then click on the SPACE.  Thanks for sharing the new release documentation.

Who thought this was a good idea? Spaces and Chat together is terrible, now I just spend more time scrolling. Please bring the option to separate them back out.

Our organization's use of spaces has dropped to zero since this change. Is there any workaround? even an app that would pull out Spaces conversations? I know there are apps that do this for tasks. Any ideas? We worked so hard to integrate spaces, but this change has undone all our work.