Gsuite legacy to Google Workspace - Free or discounted admin account?

Jad
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Hello,

I'm helping two clients to upgrade their free gsuite legacy to Google Workspace, and they asked if they have to pay for the admin account as technically nobody will be using it but for administrative tasks on admin.google.com.

My question:

Is there a way to create an admin only account without workspace licence? Or is there a model where the admin account isn't charged? 

The option of assigning admin status to owner's mailbox is out of question as they don't have any technical background, and they keep forgetting their passwords.

Tips are highly appreciated

Solved Solved
0 3 450
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello!

Just active the license Cloud Identity free.

If your on a contract directly with Google, you just need to go to your subscriptions and active the license.

Screenshot_127.png

If your under a reseller contract, you just need to ask the partner to active the license for you.

But remember, you will not have many services, such a gmail and callendar. But will have drive and others.

Hope it helps.

Jan Carlos

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello!

Just active the license Cloud Identity free.

If your on a contract directly with Google, you just need to go to your subscriptions and active the license.

Screenshot_127.png

If your under a reseller contract, you just need to ask the partner to active the license for you.

But remember, you will not have many services, such a gmail and callendar. But will have drive and others.

Hope it helps.

Jan Carlos

Jad
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Brilliant, but I would like to know if this is a reliable solution or just a work around that could vanish at some point?

Why am I asking this question? Because I asked the same first question to Google chat support, and they informed me that there is no other ways around it, and invited me to submit a feature request..

All users needs to have a license to use the services.

Cloud identity is licence generally used to people who has only GCP services.

Google wouldn't tell you that this is a possibility haha.

The license won't be delete because it's used to GCP cloud identity only panels too.

I have panels with only cloud identity licences for years.

Top Solution Authors