Titan security key not working

Hi everyone this is my first post here and first I want to say that I am happy to be here in the community. I have a personal device Samsung Galaxy s23 ultra 5g with Verizon as carrier and I have been trying to figure out what to do with this issue for too long and I have been troubleshooting and working with my limited access and knowledge of the android 14 OS and the situation is more difficult with the additional One UI 6.0 via Samsung. However, it is a problem with the actual process of using the keys for verification and login. The keys will assign to the accounts either with usb-C or NFC perfectly it seems without a noticeable error or notification or indication of assignment issues and the accounts will finalize everything and then they will never allow the keys to authenticate or verify when the time comes to login or secure the account. I have attempted to use them across the various accounts and platforms that offer fido2 security key authentication and use through an android 14 device. So I don't think it's necessarily an issue with the software of an app or browser who is hosting it because it is the same issue with everything and exact in final failure. Apps and browsers have the exact same issue with no variables of change in the way it is failing to function and the notification type given by each service and protocol of function afterwards is so very similar to attribute to the same malfunction as each other account either app browser channeled or through an outside browser that is secure like Chrome. Yes everything is occuring on the same device so no cross services or conflicting device issues. I have obviously been trying to first follow the steps to troubleshooting the way Google help has described and I am sure it has been exhausted and completely in compliance with the normal standard of updates and current operations to work with those potential issues out of the means of focus and All apps in the Play store are updated and the play services are up to date and the OS and One UI is up to date. I have verified the updates for everything and ran diagnostics to clarify the process to be sound and functionality is fine to them. I have my browser options and settings ready for anyone who might be interested in helping me with this. I would greatly appreciate it being that I need to employ advanced protection in my workspace and admin console amongst many other accounts that are very unhappy with my non-compliance with the process taking me through the loop of account recovery upon account recovery and it is every 48 hours in between recovery. I'm not going to go to Google without the ability to feel confident about the things that are obviously easy to rule out in perfect compliance especially with the account history recently and then having to explain the recent history or even having to sleep after such an embarrassment if it turned out to be a simple troubleshooting solution and the way it would represent my aptitude for my position but I am so excited to hear from anyone who has a good suggestion or solution or anything to help with this. I wish you all the very best and I will be here. 

@HDrewE_dev

0 3 1,147
3 REPLIES 3

Hello HDrewE_dev,

I have been experiencing the same security key NFC reading problem since Christmas also. As far as I know, it has not yet been addressed by any Android update since I just tested it again.

My security keys were NFC registered through the same phone that will NOT NFC read the same keys for verification. They will read through a USB connection, but with NFC attempts the screen just stalls with the message something akin to "continue to hold your security key in the position" even though minutes in the same position has no effect and no process continuation occurs at all. Android just fails to continue.

Hoping this reply might bump a reply from anyone about this problem. 

Exactly the same as above. NFC key is recognised when holding on the back of the phone, however it doesn't authenticate. Neither New Titan C or Titan A

Hi folks, 

Please reach out to Mandiant Support. 

Mandiant Customer Support Portal: https://www.mandiant.com/support

Email Mandiant Customer Support: mandiant-support@google.com